Serving a Search Warrant on Wednesday morning, FBI raided YouTube star Jake Paul’s Calabasas mansion and seized multiple firearms. The search was in connection with a riot at an Arizona shopping mall, confirmed the bureau according to a report by the ABC news.
The Bureau revealed that “The FBI is investigating allegations of criminal acts surrounding the incident at Scottsdale Fashion Square in May 2020,” and added that the investigation was also being conducted in Los Angeles, however, there were no arrests made so far. No other details were disclosed as the affidavit was “sealed”
Jake Paul’s FBI raid happened at his home when he was not present confirmed his attorney. “We understand that a search warrant was executed at Jake’s Calabasas home this morning while Jake was out-of-state,” said the attorney “We are still gathering information and will cooperate with the investigation.”.
Local News Helicopters pictured several uniformed and plain-clothed FBI officials taking several weapons from the 23-year-old’s massive property. In early June, the YouTuber was charged with criminal trespass and unlawful assembly by The Scottsdale Police Department who identified him as a participant in a riot at the mall outside Phoenix. But Paul had claimed he was trying to find people protesting against the death of George Floyd.
In a news release on Wednesday the local police announced they were dismissing the charges against him and two others to give way for a federal investigation. “It has been decided that in the cases charging Jake Paul, Arman Izadi and Andrew Leon it is in the best interest of the community to dismiss misdemeanour charges without prejudice so that a federal criminal investigation can be completed,” said Scottsdale police.
Jake Paul’s FBI raid comes two weeks after he hosted a huge party and received severe backlash for disregarding social distancing norms. “It’s completely unacceptable,” The mayor of Calabasas, Alicia Weintraub told the Los Angeles Times. “People need to be wearing masks and people need to be keeping their distance. You can’t be having parties with over 100 people.”
In addition, she also told ABC News that she was “very upset that somebody would hold such an outrageous gathering in our community”. “We’re trying to do everything we can to get our numbers down and keep our community safe, and something like this just does the opposite.”
The Calabasas City had recently enacted a policy of issuing a minimum-$100 fine for not wearing a face mask in public.