Prince Charles Funded Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Till Early 2020

Their must have been a confusion!

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle received money from Prince Charles even after they walked away as working royal family

In January last year, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stepped down as the senior royals and announced that they were walking away from their royal family duties. The royal family released their financial accounts on Thursday and according to Prince Charles’ office, Clarence House’s annual accounts, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex received funds from Prince Charles which were later ceased in the summers of 2020. As revealed by the published accounts, Charles has paid a total of $6.3 million to his sons, Prince William and Prince Harry, and their families in a year.

Image Source

However, in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle claimed that they were “cut off financially almost immediately” after they stepped down as senior royals last year.

Now, a spokesperson for Clarence House has confirmed to  The Independent that The Duke of Sussex was provided with funds until the summer of 2020. The spokesperson also revealed that The Prince of Wales, helped the couple with a “substantial amount” of money when they decided to relocate from U.K. to North America. Whereas, this does not match with the statement given by Prince Harry in the interview with Oprah.

Image Source

Harry admitted that he and his family were able to move to California with the help of the money that his late mother, Princess Diana, left for him.

As of now, the spokesperson from the Clearance House told the outlet that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are financially independent. The couple made a deal with Spotify and Netflix to produce various content such as documentaries, docu-series, feature films, etc.

Image Source

A spokesperson for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle told the Independent that Harry’s comment on the Oprah’s interview about getting ‘cut off’ financially was taken in a wrong sense. They said that Harry was referring to the first quarter of the fiscal reporting period in the U.K., which runs from April to July. “This is the same date that the ‘transitional year’ of the Sandringham agreement began and is aligned with the timeline that Clarence House referenced.”

Image Source

The rift between the brothers

Well, this is not the only rift or confusion that is going on in the royal family right now. Prince Charles has a little more to worry about. Royal historian Robert Lacey has recently updated his book ‘Battle of Brothers: William, Harry and the Inside Story of a Family in Tumult,’ which is a story about brother Prince William and Prince Harry. It was reported that for some time the royal brothers were not on very good terms with each other.

Image Source

Currently, the rift between Prince William and Prince Harry has gone even deeper. “In updating this story, I am saddened about the depth of the rift and the animosity between the two of them,” said Lacey. A friend has told PEOPLE exclusively in this week’s issue that Charles is “shellshocked by it all,” he said. “He is very hurt and upset [by the ongoing fallout].” However, historian Robert feels that the next step towards reconciliation between the brothers might come when they will meet for the unveiling of a statue dedicated to their late mother Princess Diana, on July 1, on the occasion of what would have been her 60th birthday.

Cover Image Source

Stay Updated
For all the latest celeb news, shows, movies and style trends.