Quirky, witty, refreshing, and totally ditching the stereotypical “yeh mera India” vibes- yes, people, like you we are reminiscing what a total package Amazon Prime Video recently served us- Panchayat, a TVF offering. Panchayat placed Jitendra Kumar, Neena Gupta, Raghubir Yadav, Chandan Roy, and other priceless talents of the acting world in a slice-of-life series, with a script practically made of some of the best dialogues, crackling with wit and downright hilarious.
All because of Chandan Kumar’s impeccable writing and Permanent Roommates fame Deepak Kumar Mishra’s direction that turned Panchayat into an 8-episode treasure trove of humor!
So, without further ado, here is your humor dose for the day- Panchayat’s best, wittiest dialogues:
- Vikas to Deenbandhu who was naming his newborn son “Aatmaram”
Vikas: Aisa lag raha hai jaise apne bacche ka naam nahi rakh rahe hai aap, badla le rahe hai usse!
- After suggestions from Abhishek and Vikas, Deenbandhu planned on naming his child “Aarav” much to the displeasure of his wife, Sushma.
Sushma– Ye jo Aarav-Aarav kar rahe hai, matlab jante hai Aarav ka?
Deenbandhu– Edum jante hai, Aarav ka matlab, Akshay Kumar Ka Beta
- When Abhishek, as Gram Sachiv, had his first meal at Pradhan ji’s house
Abhishek: Khaana accha banaa, Pradhan ji.
Pradhan Pati to his wife: Sachiv ji keh rahe hai khaana accha banaa hai.
Manju Devi (Pradhan): Haan, 35 saal se banaa rahe hai, accha to banega hi.
- When Vikas returns after a long time without a locksmith to open the Gram Sachiv office’s lock but with the indicator broken on Abhishek’s bike
Abhishek: Mistri kahaan hai… aur ye indicator kaise toot gaya?
Vikas: Sir, pehle kya bataye, mistri kahaan hai ki indicator kaise toot gaya?
- Vikas, in his attempts to break the lock on the office so Abhishek doesn’t have to stay outside all night, breaks the door instead
Pradhan Pati: Darwaza todne ke liye kon kaha re?
Vikas: Tod to taala rahe the…
Pradhan Pati: Fir?
Vikas: Pur darwaze se mazboot to taala nikla.
- When Pradhan ji was hesitating to use a slogan he knew was right as he was afraid of upsetting the villagers of Phulera
Pradhan Pati: Khali sahi kaam karne se aadmi election nahi jeet jaata, politics ka ataa pataa nahi tumko.
Manju Devi (Pradhan): Yeh kyun nahi kehte, ki kathin kaam karne ka aap mai himmat he nahi hai.
Did we miss out on adding some of Panchayat’s best dialogues? Let us know in the comments!