If you have ever looked at Shiva Safai’s Instagram pictures, sighed in envy at her sparkling skin, and scratched your head in wonder over how she manages to nail that no-makeup-makeup look to look like a natural morning wonder, then you are in luck, ‘cause she has spilled all her beauty secrets!
In a recent chat with Harper Bazaar Arabia, the 39-year-old actor and former girlfriend of Mohammed Hadid listed out in detail how she begins her morning routine of attaining the refreshed and youthful look we have all come to cherish.
– Cleansing her skin with Shani Darden Daily Cleansing Serum.
– Using twice or three times a week Dr. Barbara Sturm Enzyme Cleanser to exfoliate and get rid of dead skin cells.
– Next is the application of True Botanicals Renew Nutrient Mist, which Safai advised can be used throughout the day “if your skin needs like a little boost.”
– Gently patting a little True Botanicals Pure Radiance Oil on her cheeks, chin, forehead, and below jaw area comes next.
– Safai next dabs Dr. Barbara Sturm Eye Cream under her eyes and lightly massages it in as it not only hydrates the skin but also “is the perfect base for your makeup.”
– When it comes to sunblock, Shiva Safai loves Lancome Renergie’s Lift Multi-ActionUltra Face Cream with SPF 30.
Shiva Safai detailed how she amps up the glam meter with her simple makeup routine
– With YSL Touche Eclat High Cover concealer, “perfect for that no-makeup-makeup look”, she makes an inverted solid triangle under her eyes, in the center of her forehead, dabs some on her chin, and blends it all in.
– Next is complexion-enhancing BECCA Be a Light palette, wherein she mixes the Brighten and Blur shades and brushes it lightly all over the face, including her eyelids.
– She next opts for a bronzer by Tom Ford to brush on her cheeks. One of the beauty tricks she swears by is using the bronzer as an eyeshadow as well for a natural look.
-Then comes Bobbi Brown’s Brightening Brick blush on the apples of the cheeks and the cheeks.
-Shiva Safai swears by Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz to fill in her eyebrows with light strokes, following which she gently brushes them in a slanted upwards direction.
– For highlighting her eyes, Safai prefers Urban Decay Glide On Eye Pencil in brown as it is waterproof and long-lasting. Anyone planning to perfect her look should remember to just highlight the upper lid and then using a small brush to smudge it out.
– The next is Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes vol 2 which she applies after curling her eyelashes.
– Safai prefers Kevyn Aucoin The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil to fill in the lips and a touch of Dr. Barbara’s Sturm’s lip balm to give it an elegant finish.