We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and exactly for that reason, it’s worth the effort to cook a healthy yet delicious one. From fluffy pancakes to smoothies and whatnot, you have a plethora of options to fix your day with the right start. And when the breakfast game becomes stronger, it purely promises you good health, ensuring a good life. That being said, one of the most power-packed food items that top the breakfast menu includes the golden fruit banana, which is unarguably the best.
If a banana is your favourite grab-and-go breakfast, why not we make the best use of it by trying out some delicious wholesome recipes with it. Sounds interesting? Check out these banana recipes that are making us go bananas over them.
When it comes to flavour combos, peanut butter and bananas are a combination made in heaven. And that’s why this peanut butter banana smoothie is a show-stopper recipe you need to try!
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
2 bananas (preferably frozen)
½ cup milk
½ cup yogurt
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2-3 Ice cubes
For the topping:
Chocolate chips/ chocolate sauce
- In a blender, thrown in all your ingredients together and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with a generous amount of chocolate sauce/chocolate chips/peanut butter.
Gloriously fluffy and high on flavour, this banana pancake recipe is what dreams are made of.
1 large egg
1 cup milk
2 tbsp cooled melted butter
2 small ripe bananas – mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup refined flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
Additional butter or oil for greasing the pan
For the topping:
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, milk, mashed banana, and vanilla extract.
- Then add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Heat a pan on medium low heat and grease with butter or oil. With the help of a ladle pour pancake batter on the pan one at a time.
- Let the pancake sit until it turns golden brown and you see bubbles around the edges before you flip it on the other side.
- Cook the other side until it turns golden.
- Repeat the procedure using the entire batter and stack them up on a plate.
- Top with maple syrup/ nutella / banana slices.
Chocolate Banana Oatmeal
½ cup rolled oats
2 tsp cocoa powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
2 tsp maple syrup
1 sliced banana
- In a pan, put together rolled oats, milk, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, salt and bring to a boil.
- Simmer the flame and cook on a low heat for 5-8 minutes, stirring continuously, until the oats absorb the liquid.
- Transfer to a bowl and top up with maple syrup and sliced banana.
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Ripe Bananas
¾ Cup Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder and set aside. In another bowl, mash the bananas and whisk in the milk. Now add vanilla and honey and pour in all the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Grease your waffle iron with cooking spray or butter. Spoon the batter onto the iron and cook the waffles for about 3-4 minutes.
- Top the waffles with your favorite fruits, nuts, or toppings you like.
Peanut butter banana oats bar
2 medium bananas
11/2 cups rolled oats
2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp milk
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup honey
¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven at 180 c and line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with butter paper.
- Mash bananas into a smooth paste in a bowl and add rest of the ingredients.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the pan cool for about 10 minutes.
- Pull out the baked bar from the pan and place it on a cutting board. Let it cool for a few more minutes and slice it into bars according your size preference.