Jai mata dil & hello to all our fellow Mata-Bhakts out there! The first day of Navratri is done with, now we move on to a new dish for the second day, ‘Kuttu ka Dosa’.
LEFToye understands the need to satisfy our taste buds even during fasts. Move over the boring Kuttu Pooris and chillas. Try out this new recipe that has gained popularity recently because of its healthier preparation and lesser calorie count. Health-freaks on fast all over the place are trying out this tasty new spin-off dish!
So, let’s get to it. But first here is a break down of the calories
Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 296mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 8g
How to Make Kuttu Ka Dosa?
Prepare the Potato filling:
- Heat some ghee in a pan, put in the potatoes after mashing them.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Stir the mixture for sometime so the spices spread evenly and appropriately.
- Take it out and keep aside.
Prepare the Dosa:
1. In a bowl, mash the arbi and mix it with the flour and salt.
2. Add some water and mix well.
3. Add ajwain, red chili powder, ginger and green chilies and mix again.
4. Keep adding water and stirring in one direction until the batter turns into flowing at a smooth consistency.
5. On a flat pan, pour some ghee and add a ladle of batter. Spread the batter in a circular shape.
6. Spread the Ghee evenly all over the Dosa for a crisp touch.
7. Flip the Dosa and cook the other side now.
8. Fill it up with the filling and fold the Dosa
9. Serve it hot and ready to eat!
The Kuttu ka Dosa is a new take on the old way we know this ingredient. A healthy, complete meal, that does not bore the taste buds. Hope you have fun while making this.
And unlike the reality shows on TV, DO TRY THIS AT HOME!