Are you a Bihari, living away from family and want to prepare something quick that reminds you of home? Well, don’t fear, as “Bihari Poha” is here.
Perfect start to your day!
Healthy, light, and tasty Poha accompanied by a cup of hot tea makes for a perfect start to the day! Gear into the day with a meal that is light to eat but loaded with iron and minerals that help in maintaining the level of haemoglobin in the blood.
Is your mouth watering already? Let’s make some crispy, crunchy Bihari Poha.
Ingredients to make Bihari Poha or Matar Poha
- Poha / Chivda- 1 cup, approximately 100 gms
- Fresh green peas – 250 gms
- Chopped green chillies – 2 to 3
- Chopped onion – 1 (Large)
- Cooking oil – 3 tbsps
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Fried peanuts- 10 to12
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Add the Poha or Chivda to a pan and roast it for 3- 4 minutes on low, medium flame. Keep stirring without adding oil to it. When the Poha begins to crackle, take it out and keep it aside in a plate.
- Now turn up the flame, and add oil to the pan. Once the oil is heated, add all the ingredients one by one.
- Start with chopped ginger, chopped green chilli, and fried peanuts and sauté for a few minutes.
- Then add onions and fry them for 2- 3 minutes on a low, medium flame. Keep stirring until they turn golden brown. Then add turmeric powder and cook for half a min on a low flame.
- Finally add the green peas, cover the pan, and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the roasted Poha and some salt to taste. Mix it thoroughly and let it cook for 1 more minute, before turning off the flame.
Tip: Serve hot when the Poha is crispy to eat. Do not keep it for too long as it may get soggy. You can go ahead and garnish with coriander leaves or even add some lemon juice if you like want to give it a tangy twist.
Remember to “Eat healthy to stay healthy “.