It is no surprise that the Keto diet is one of the most Googled diets of 2018 and 2019 that very few people have been able to escape from. Every health enthusiast who is primarily looking for weight loss diets has had its name on his lips, and for the uninitiated as well, this trending diet has only aroused curiosity.
So first come first, let’s get you to understand what is this diet all about which has spread like a fire in the forest. Keto or ketogenic diet involves the elimination of carbohydrates so that the body goes into ‘ketosis’. To put it simply, by choosing this diet, our body burns its stored fat as a source of fuel in the absence of carbs. Although Keto trend has become a celebrity-endorsed lifestyle in recent times, it’s an extremely restrictive diet that is not suited for all. On the ketogenic diet, calories derived from fat daily is about 70-80%, and only about 5% comes from carbohydrates.
There are four different kinds of Keto diets that one can choose from, however, only the standard high-protein keto diet is usually recommended. As for the other 3 categories, they are suitable for athletes or bodybuilders. While this diet may have its restrictions when it comes to satisfying your palette, it doesn’t mean that it cannot satisfy your sweet cravings. And so, for all those on a keto diet, we bring to you a delicious peanut butter cookie recipe to fix your sweet appetite.
260 gm creamy peanut butter, unsweetened (If you wish to have a crunch to the cookies, you can add chopped peanuts in the dough)
1 (50gm) large egg
30 gm almond flour
80 gm powdered erythritol sweetener
- Preheat oven at 180 c and prepare a baking tray lined with butter paper or baking mat.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients together and mix well to get a dough having a dense consistency.
- Scoop out the dough forming an inch big balls and place it on the tray leaving about 2-3 inch space between them.
- With the help of a fork, flatten the balls and put it for baking for about 15 minutes or until the edges of your cookies turn golden brown.
- Take out the cookies and let them cool for a while.
- P.S. The cookies will be soft when taken out of the oven, but do not panic as they will harden up as they cool down.