Stomach bloating is troublesome and can last for a few hours after a meal. Stress, disturbed digestion, a meal too rich are often the causes of unpleasant bloating. Stress management is as important as eating to reduce bloating. By taking the time to breathe calmly and deeply before your first bite, you relax and create a space of calm, conducive to more awareness during chewing.
Fortunately, this intestinal discomfort can be eased quickly. Here are a few natural remedies for stomach bloat:
- Traditionally used in digestive disorders associated with bloating or mild abdominal pain, peppermint essential oil is antispasmodic and stimulates biliary secretion. However, it is not recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Fiber-rich vegetables and fruits, in moderate amounts, help the transit and promote a good intestinal flora. Listen to the needs of your body and know where the threshold of your individual tolerance lies.
- Consume fruits without meals. For snacking or for breakfast, fruits are better if they are taken away from other foods.
- Activated charcoal can absorb gases from the intestines. It is very effective when consumed in powdered form, diluted in a glass of water.
- Digestive herbal teas made from star anise, ginger or cinnamon promote digestion. You can also try liquorice tea at the end of your meal as a stomach bloat remedy.
- Fennel is very effective against digestive disorders like stomach bloating. It should be consumed preferably between meals, in the form of seeds or as a herbal tea.
- Various condiments like basil, sage, chives, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves not just aid digestion but also prevent fermentation in the intestine. Hence, these are considered as one of the most effective remedies for stomach bloat.
- Sprouting legumes such as lentils or chickpeas before cooking makes them more digestible. If you really want to eat vegetables like cabbage that cause bloating, cook it well.
- Fresh ginger is excellent for remedying aerophagia. Just chew a few slices after heavy meals to keep stomach bloat at bay.
Instant stomach bloat remedy
Lie down for 5 to 10 minutes and gently massage your stomach clockwise with 2 or 3 drops of tarragon oil mixed with vegetable oil.
Prepare herbal tea with fennel seeds, caraway seed and star anise. Let infuse 10 min and sip it after your meal. You can also drink this mixture to prevent stomach bloating